Seven ATMA recordings have been nominated for the 2013 OPUS Prize in three categories, one of which – Modern and Contemporary Music – is made up exclusively of ATMA recordings. Founded in 1996 by the Conseil québécois de la musique, the Opus Prize reflects excellence in Quebec’s dynamic music scene. The winners will be announced at a ceremony on January 26, 2014.
Good luck to all of our nominees!
ALBUM OF THE YEAR – Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music:
• Johann Rosenmüller - Sonate a 2,3,4 è 5 strometi, da arco & altri, Ensemble Masques – Olivier Fortin
• Mozart Pianos Concertos 13-14, Janine Fialkowska, Chamber Players of Canada
• Prima Donna, Karina Gauvin, Arion Orchestre Baroque, dir. Alexandre Weimann
ALBUM OF THE YEAR – Classical, Romantic, Post-romantic and Impressionist music
• Bruckner 6, Orchestre Métropolitain, dir. Yannick Nézet-Séguin
ALBUM OF THE YEAR – Modern and contemporary music:
• Francis Poulenc : Musique de chambre, Pentaèdre, David Jalbert
• R. Murray Schafer : Quatuors à cordes 8-12, Quatuor Molinari
• Ravel, Shostakovich, Ives : Pianos trios, Triple Forte