Founded in 1795, the Conservatoire de Paris, the most important institution for the teaching music in France, soon acquired international influence. The Conservatoire holds competitions very year. On completing their studies, the instrumentalists play a compulsory piece and, if successful, win a second of first prize. The repertoire for wind instruments being more limited than that for piano or strings, the pieces for the former were written by the teacher of the class concerned. They serve above all to highlight the candidates’ technical. The period which concerns this CD runs from 1940 to 1960, or more precisely, from the time of the appointment in 1941 of Claude Delvincourt to head the famous Conservatoire. Flautist Claude Regimbald chose works for flute and piano by Eugène Bozza, Henri Dutilleux, Pierre Sancan, Olivier Messiaen, André Joliet, Raymond Gallois-Montbrun and Charles Chaynes played at this time by Conservatoire de Paris’ students.